“a natural, concise way of learning to cut hair”
Foundations of Cutting
1 Day Course
An introduction to creating any haircut – beginner level & above
- Jo will provide theoretical insight into the methods of cutting baselines, graduation & layering.
- Combining the correct sectioning, cutting angles & standing positions, to produce any desired hairstyle on any head shape.
- A practical demonstration of Jo’s method & techniques, followed by guidance & mentoring of your chosen hair style on a model.
- Cutting combs
- Section grips
- Brushes for styling
- Hair dryer
- Your own model or a block if you’d prefer
- Personal guidance, monitoring & theoretical knowledge
- Equipment handling, standing positions & posture
- Step by step of sectioning methods & sub-partings
- Understanding cutting angles for layering & graduation
- How to change shapes using a combination of cutting techniques
- Problem solving with different hair growth patterns, head shapes & hair texture (curly, afro)
- £250.00 (including VAT)
General Course Details
Courses will be held on Mondays in our spacious salon near Wimborne, Dorset.
Courses will start at 9:00 and finish at approx. 17:00.
Course dates will be arranged with you upon booking
If you are a salon owner & require bespoke learning for your team, please get in touch for a quote.